Upcoming TSA state’s competition excites students in the RCMS TSA Chapter

TSA member Kedar Kalluris event box containing his bridge for his Structural Engineering event at Technosphere.

Ballal Rama

TSA member Kedar Kalluri’s event box containing his bridge for his Structural Engineering event at Technosphere.

The May 4-7 TSA Technosphere State’s competition makes chapter students work even harder to meet their deadlines and prepare for the two- to three-day-long competition. 

The TSA Event is being held at the Hampton Convention Center in Virginia from May 4- 7, with both Middle School and High School events being judged, with schools coming from around the state of Virginia in pursuit of the top three in each event for a chance to go to the TSA Nationals.    

“At the TSA Regional Fair, the planning and time was not managed that well, as we were waiting for like 25 minutes after the specified time that my event was going to start,” said Kedar Kalluri, a seventh-grader from the Majestics Team. 

The students will need to come on either Thursday night or on Friday morning for their events drop-off or upload. Most events have a semifinals that will happen on Saturday, and on Sunday, the closing ceremony will hand out the awards to the winners of the events.

“I think the students will perform phenomenally at Technosphere,” said RCMS’s TSA chapter Advisor Mrs. Sona Sharma-Chibber. 

The Top 3 winners in each event will move to the next and final level, Nationals, which will be held in Kentucky in the Summer.