The Carson Chronicle

The student news site of Rachel Carson Middle School

The Carson Chronicle

The Carson Chronicle

The NFL season goes on with twists and turns

Teams go back forth with half the season over
Aarush Seetharaman, 12, of All-Stars watches a NFL game in excitement while the game goes back and forth.
Anish Tiwari

As the NFL season rages on with over half the games over, teams and players have been shocking people left and right with their performances. 

Dan Zaksheske, FOX news analyst, said the Carolina Panthers made bad decisions in the draft that could have led to their unsuccessful season. They could’ve had a better season without the decisions they made, said Dan.

Aarush Seetharaman, 12, of All-Stars, says that he expected the Panthers to improve after their first round overall draft pick but they were not able to put up a good record.

Aarush says, “I think that the Panthers are underperforming because they have a bad record and they had a number 1 overall pick and are still underperforming.”

Aarush also says that the Bills are underperforming because they are losing to the teams that are at the bottom of their division such as the Patriots and Broncos, bottom of the division when they played them. He says that the Bills have a good team but are not able to execute that well.

According to cbssports.com, Lions are Super Bowl contenders because of their top players like Jared Goff and Amon-Ra St. Brown. The article in the site also talks about how the lions are good at executing explosive plays along with their run game has been magnificent.

Bhavya Patel, 12, of Champions talks about how he thought the Lions would be doing bad this season however they are overperforming by topping their division.

Bhavya says, “The lions are doing amazing. They are first place in their division currently as of week 12, and their running back, David Montgomery has been exceptional.”

Along with the season being halfway through, rookies have also started to make a name for themselves. According to the NFL website, Tank Dell and CJ Stroud have been one of the biggest powerhouse duos this season. 

Nandita Karthik, 12, of Champions says, “I think that Tank Dell and CJ Stroud have been a powerful rookie duo this season and are turning the Texans reputation around.”