The Carson Chronicle

The student news site of Rachel Carson Middle School

The Carson Chronicle

The Carson Chronicle

RCMS students and staff get hyped for upcoming concerts

RCMS+student+Collins+Han+enjoys+a+Parker+McCollum+concert+at+FedEx+Field+in+September+2023.+
Collins Han
RCMS student Collins Han enjoys a Parker McCollum concert at FedEx Field in September 2023.

With a little over a thousand concerts coming to the DMV this year according to Songkick, RCMS students and staff are looking forward forward to seeing their favorite artists.

“I love the energy and the crowd,” said Mrs. Lori Molnar, a P.E. teacher at RCMS.

For student Ansley Thompson, eighth grade, of the Dolphins team she looks forward to seeing Parker McCollum in Roanoke in April. 

Other RCMS students and staff are excited about seeing other country artists such as Luke Combs at FedEx Field, Zach Bryan at Capital One Arena, and Chris Stapleton at Jiffy Lube.

As for Strategies for Success teacher, Mrs. Carrie Guild, she is traveling overseas to Austria to attend her second Taylor Swift concert. The first Taylor swift concert she attended was for her daughters birthday.

“l’ll never forget the look in my daughter’s eyes when Taylor came out,” said Mrs. Guild. “She was thrilled.” 

With good memories of her first concert she is thrilled to be attending a second time.

First concerts are a big deal. For eighth-grader Henry Morris, of the Dolphins team, his first concert was Ben Rector when he was 10 years old.

He remembers the sun beating down on his face and his tummy feeling like there were thousands of butterflies in it.

“A day I’ll never forget,” said Henry.

Mrs. Molnar also hopes to make some unforgettable memories at FedEx Field this July seeing Luke Combs. With family, she plans to get there early to have a picnic tailgate.

Staying closer to home, Mrs. Guild is attending a Chris Stapleton concert this June at Jiffy Lube. Sitting in her chair on the lawn and with good company.

“Summer night concerts are the best,” said Mrs. Guild.

Concerts are good for many reasons, a lot of people enjoy the vibe.

“Music makes me feel hyped and excited,” said Ansley. “Music also helps me calm down and unwind sometimes.”

Although there are over 1,300 music genres according to AskWonder.com and Spotify. However, people stick with their favorites, unlike Mrs. Guild and Mrs. Molnar who are open to listening to anything.

Growing up, listening to a lot of music, Mrs. Guild wakes up her kids with a song of the day.

People can find happiness anywhere.

“Music is my happy place,” said Henry.