The Carson Chronicle

The student news site of Rachel Carson Middle School

The Carson Chronicle

The Carson Chronicle

RCMS students come back refreshed after spring break

RCMS students come back to school on April 3 refreshed but maybe not as productive as they may have thought during spring break due to pushing work back.

“My spring break was nice this year,” said Eileen Kim, a seventh-grade student on the Legacy team.

Popular places for spring break include Miami, Cancun, Hawaii and New York City. 

Kayla Konnert, eighth grade, of the Voyagers team, went to Hawaii. He said it’s a very fun experience and definitely not an experience you get to have a lot due to the expenses. The average seven-day trip to Hawaii is on average $2,391 for one person not including a car rental or souvenirs.

“I’d recommend the Na Pali Coast Rafting Trip,” she said.

Other students may have gone to not so popular places. This includes Jackson Fuerst, eighth grade, of the Dolphins team that enjoyed his vacation at Virginia Beach. 

“It was very fun,” he said. “I would definitely recommend it, but probably for the summer instead.”

It’s rumored that the idea of spring break is that everyone goes on a vacation. Out of 10 people who were asked if they went on vacation during spring break, only three actually went away.

As for Ms. Amy Allen, English teacher on the Legacy team, had a local break this year. 

“I stayed in town for my birthday and I just pampered myself,” she said.

Ms. Allen used her break for what she likes to call “rotting days.” This is where she simply sits on her couch, binge watching shows and ordering DoorDash.

Spring break is time off for people to relax, but do people actually end up getting work done? 

“I never ended up putting my laundry away like I wanted to,” said Kayla.

Waking up early can be exhausting.

“It’s nice to sleep in because it’s way more relaxing than waking up so early,” said Eileen. “But I also like going to school because it keeps me occupied.”

It can be hard to find time for everything when there’s tons to do. Although many people may have different opinions on time management, Ms. Allen says she sometimes may wait until the last minute to do something.

“It’s relaxing and stressful for me when I have a lot of time because I’m the type of person that thrives when there’s very little time left,” Ms. Allen said,  “and If I have too much time then I wait until the last minute to do something.”