Students and faculty look forward to summer movies

Many new movies are scheduled to release this summer, and Carson students and staff can’t wait to head to the theaters. The movie that students are looking forward to the most is “Spider-Man: Far From Home.”

This summer, several movies are scheduled to release this summer, including recognizable titles such as “Toy Story 4,” “Godzilla,” “Detective Pikachu,” “Men In Black: International,” “It Chapter Two,” “Hobbs and Shaw,” “The Lion King,” “Aladdin,” “Secret Life of Pets 2″ and “Dark Phoenix.”

These movies range from producers representing Marvel Studios in “Spider-Man: Far From Home,” to Walt Disney Pictures in “Toy Story 4.”

Most of the movies released this summer will be sequels to previous movies. “It Chapter Two” is a sequel to the first movie, “It,” released in 2017. “Spider-Man: Far From Home,” is a sequel to “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” the first Spider-Man movie made by Marvel Studios, as previous versions of the superhero were made by Sony Pictures.

The only movies that are not sequels to a previous movie, are “Detective Pikachu,” “Aladdin” and “The Lion King.”

A poll was taken to determine what movies Carson students looked forward to the most this year and why they chose that specific movie. The poll received 101 responses from seventh-graders of the Legacy and Trailblazer teams.

According to the students of these two teams, 45.5% of students looked forward to “Spider-Man: Far From Home,” the most out of any movie coming out this summer.

Following the newest installment within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, “Aladdin,” the remake of the 1992 animated Disney movie of the same name, comes at second place with 10.9% of students looking forward to it. The Aladdin being released this summer will be a live-action movie.

Following “Aladdin” is “Men In Black: International”, “It Chapter Two,” “The Secret Life of Pets 2,” “Toy Story 4,” “The Lion King” and others.

Many students look forward to “Spider-Man: Far From Home” because it is the next movie made by Marvel Studios after “Avengers: Endgame,” which is the final movie of the highly popular four part Avengers series.

The animated version of the “Aladdin” movie was a favorite among many of the students polled, and they look forward to a new, live-action version of this classic crowd favorite.

“Men In Black: International” was also popular, drawing seven responses from students in favor of it. Most of these students said that they enjoyed watching the previous movies, and the trailer for the movie also looks great. They also said that they were looking forward to it because Chris Hemsworth, who played the character, Thor, in the Marvel Cinematic Universe was starring in the movie.

“It Chapter Two” is the movie adaptation to Stephen King’s 1986 novel. It is the story of the kids in the first film, who are now adults. The movie takes place 27 years after the events of the first film. In the movie, the adults must face the supernatural clown that they thought they had defeated 27 years ago.

“Secret Life of Pets 2” was also among some of the more popular movies on the list. Students like this movie as the first edition of the series was amusing and fell into a genre some students liked.

As the school year comes to an close, students and staff have plenty of choices to watch a movie in theaters in a variety of genres. It is sure to be an exciting summer for the cinema world.