Math honor society starts tutoring program

The Math Honor Society has announced the starting of a tutoring program for students at RCMS who require extra help in math.

Meetings will occur every Thursday, during A block after school in room B208. The first session will take place on Thursday, Feb. 24, and is open for students in both seventh and eighth grade to join. 

Additionally, MHS offers tutoring to anyone willing to join on B days during Panther Time.

Students must sign up for the sessions both after school and during Panther Times by filling in a Google form. QR codes and links to the google form are available on fliers  in the hallways. You can always email Ms. Lee if you cannot make a session you have signed up for.

MHS tutors students that need help for an upcoming test, homework, catch up on a topic, and anyone who wants to refresh their memory on previous or current topics. Tutors are prepared to help students with all math courses taught in Carson, including both regular and honors classes. Every tutee will receive the full attention of one tutor. 

Tutors had to go through an application process at the beginning of the year including two typed essays. The MHS currently consists of 28 members, and Ms. Lee, a math teacher on the Yellow Jackets team, sponsors this program.

More information on this program can be found on fliers and from Ms. Lee.